Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mets New Outfielder Thinks Jews are Going to Hell

Two years ago Ryan Church (whom the Mets just acquired for Lastings Milledge) asked Jon Moeller, the Nationals' former chaplain about Jews.

"I said, like, Jewish people, they don't believe in Jesus. Does that mean they're doomed? Jon nodded, like, that's what it meant. My ex-girlfriend! I was like, man, if they only knew. Other religions don't know any better. It's up to us to spread the word," Church said.

According to the New York Times, before making this trade Minaya said he spoke with Church and a few Nationals executives and felt confident in his character. “There’s no hard feelings between anybody,” Church said. “I apologized for everything. I’m not one to judge people.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who said athletes are also supposed to be intelligent creatures? Certainly not me.