Sunday, December 16, 2007

And Away Wii Go

Because Mrs. Poop works hard all day taking care of the baby, the dog and me, I thought she deserved something special for Hanukah this year.
I figured the Nintendo Wii wouldn't be hard to find because after all it has been out for a year. But apparently there is still a major undersupply and no stores have them in stock. And when they come in people line up outside to get them.
I was one of those people outside Best Buy at 9:30 waiting half an hour in the rain.
I decided to give it to Mrs. Poop before Hanukah for three reasons.
1) I want her to enjoy it before she has to go back to work.
2) There was no way I could get it in the house without her noticing.
3) She would be suspicious when she saw an expensive charge from Best Buy on the credit card.

So she's been playing Guitar Hero III and rocking out. She really enjoys playing "Welcome to the Jungle" and I enjoy screaming "do you know where you are?"

She has gotten so good at the game that she has taken to talking smack. She consistently hits 95% of the notes. She also regularly goes on 50-note and 100-note streaks and while playing "One" by Metallica she racked up an impressive 227-note streak.

Whenever I make a mistake she says "I heard a lot of bad notes."

We have been unable to play a lot of the Wii Sports games because Diesel does not approve of sudden movements, but we're working on it.

I also got a poker game for Hanukah and although I have only played briefly I look forward to spending hours on it because you can create a tournament with 512 tables (4608 players). I would love to see how far I can go in a tournament like that.

The best Guitar Hero player ever
It's hard to rock out with a baby in your lap and a dog at your feet
hit me with your best shot...FIRE AWAY!
ok, so this didn't happen when we were playing Guitar Hero but it was too cute not to include here

In addition we watched an absolutely hysterical South Park episode called "Guitar Queer-O." If you haven't seen it I recommend watching it in 3 parts (here, here and here). Not only do they creatively lampoon Guitar Hero (especially in the episode's denoument), but they also create a perfectly crafted spoof on VH1's Behind the Music series. If every episode of South Park were this intelligent and well-crafted it would be the best show on TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good husband! There is nothing better than the Poop Family!

Anonymous said...

I told you that episode of SouthPark ruled.

Anonymous said...

if you happen to catch the World Of Warcraft episode, it was also awesome.

Brian said...

Chase is already working the Bumbo?