Friday, February 08, 2008

Poor Loser

ESPN.com writer Bill Simmons, an outspoken Patriots fan, wrote this in his Super Bowl wrap-up column:

Much like the Patriots, I choked heading into the weekend: Somehow, I forgot to pack my good-luck Wes Welker jersey and headed to Sunday's game without any Pats gear. Originally intent on buying a Pats hat at the game, once I saw all the jerseys in the stands and in my section, I made the executive decision to fine myself $85 dollars (the price of a white No. 81 Moss jersey at one of those merchandise booths). You can currently find that jersey sitting at the bottom of the garbage can in my hotel room. I might take it home and burn it. I haven't decided yet.


His decision was to put the jersey on eBay. To attempt to thwart prank bidders Simmons said the winning bidder should make a donation in the amount of the top bid to the Jimmy Fund and when the winner shows Simmons the online receipt from the Jimmy Fund, he'll send the jersey. The auction still has another week and the bidding is already above $900, leading me to believe there are some fradulent bids in there.

No comments: