Tuesday, February 05, 2008

If I Did It

For the second time in a year a notorious criminal admits guilt, then says he was only joking.
Joran Van Der Sloot, the last person seen with Natalee Holloway, was caught on tape by a Dutch TV show explaining the whole story of what happened that night.
A man who became friends with Van Der Sloot (possibly by sharing marijuana with him) secretly recorded hours of conversations with Van Der Sloot, a sting operation set up by the TV show.
Van Der Sloot now says he knew he was being recorded so he made it all up to tell the spy what he wanted to hear.
Van der Sloot said that Holloway and her friends had begged him to go out with them the night of May 29, 2005. So he and two friends -- brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe -- met the women at Carlos n Charlie's in Oranjestad. When they arrived, he said, the girls appeared to have been drinking heavily and some of them were doing cocaine.
After declining an invitation from Holloway to dance on stage with her, he accepted
an invitation from her to drink a shot from her belly button as she lay on the bar.
At about 1 a.m. she agreed to leave the bar with him and the Kalpoe brothers, telling her friends that she would meet them back at the Marriott in time to catch their flight back home the next day.
He said he wanted to have sex with Holloway, but she told him she did not want
to go to her hotel. Instead, she said, she wanted to see sharks.
The Kalpoe brothers drove Van der Sloot and Holloway to the beach by the hotel and left them.
He and Holloway had sex but afterwards she started shaking.
"All of a sudden, what she did was like in a movie," he said. "She was shaking, it was awful ... I prodded her, there was nothing."
He said he tried CPR. "I tried to shake her. I was shaking the bitch. I was like, 'What is wrong with you man?' I almost wanted to cry. Why does this shit have to happen to me?"
Then he immediately called a friend who had a boat and the friend took the body and dumped it in the ocean.

Now this version of events differs a little bit from what I originally thought had happened to her.
While I believe most of what Van der Sloot says in this confession there are still a few things that I think he's holding back.
While I think it may be true that the Kalpoe brothers weren't in on the act, I definitely think he did something to her that killed her. If not he could have called the police or hospital and had no culpability, he met her at a bar, she wanted to fuck so he took her to the beach, fucked her and she passed out. But since he didn't call the police or hospital it makes me believe he had a good reason not to.
I also think his father was involved in the disposal of Natalee's body.

No comments: