Wednesday, April 09, 2008

To the Victor Go the Spoils

Congratulations to Pa Beers for winning the Poop's Tournament Challenge group.
Beers finished in the 98th percentile, 52,831st nationally.
I wish I had copied his picks for my office pool, I could have called my entry "Bracket You Can Xerox."
We had 26 entrants which I thought was pretty good.
Focks finished 2nd and Diesel finished 3rd (but I'm not allowed to brag about that).
Evan finished 5th but he would have come in second if Memphis had won.
Evan reportedly cried for 20 minutes after hearing that Memphis lost, made even sadder because the game took place on his 7th birthday.
Evan has a bright future of picking games ahead of him.
Michael had a bright past in the Tournament Challenge but this year he finished 12th, in the 64 percentile.
Finally, Mrs. Poop deserves recognition for coming in 6th, especially after she threatened to never play again after I made fun of her for getting off to a slow start.


Pizza Parlor Derek took the title on the women's side, finishing in the 95th percentile, tied for 9665th nationally.
Mrs. Poop who obviously knows nothing about women allowed her allegiance to UConn to cloud her judgment and she finished last in our group.
The overall winner got 5 first round games wrong, and everything else right.

Thanks to all who played, let's do it again next year.

No comments: