Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Song of the Week

"Teenage Love Affair" - Alicia Keys
This is a great song with a sweet sentiment and some cool lyrics. The video is pretty good too. It reminds me of the video for "You Don't Know My Name", in which she tells Mos Def that she makes his hot chocolate with milk, even though the manager tells her to use water.
Anyway, this song expresses some of those nice feelings about new, young love.
"I write your name in my book, your last, my first, I'm your Mrs."
I also like the line "it's a matter of extreme importance," that really expresses a sense of urgency, doesn't it?

I already shared my thoughts on Alicia Keys when I made "Fallin" the song of the week, so I won't repeat them here.

And I'm breaking from format here because I want to use this song, and the video version of it, but none of those available on youtube allow embedding so you will have to click on the Record Label Link. Do it soon because this song is being played so often on the radio you're bound to get sick of it very soon.

No comments: