Tuesday, August 05, 2008

From Indifference To Admiration in Two Words

I never watch SportsCenter so I don't really care too much about their anchors. I despise Stuart Scott, but towards everyone else (including Scott Van Pelt), I maintained a healthy indifference. Although I know the internets love him because of his classic voicemail.
But in one fell swoop SVP became my favorite SportsCenter anchor.
I was listening to the first few minutes of "Tirico and Van Pelt" on ESPN Radio while walking Diesel.
Mike Tirico was off so Van Pelt was hosting with Michelle Tafoya. Tafoya was speaking of her recent trip to Vegas and told Scott he took her advice and placed $20 on red as soon as she got there.
She won that bet but ended up down $60 during her stay at the roulette wheel.
Then she remarked that she did much better at craps.
Scott Van Pelt yelled out "dolla yo!"
And that's why I love Scott Van Pelt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's unfortunate that SportsCenter has become unwatchable. Actually it's been unwatchable for years now. The fact that the anchors feel the need to force a "funny" quip into every highlight makes it painful to watch. ESPNews is really the way to go.

I blame Olbermann...that smarmy, smart ass grinning, piece of crap. I nominate Olbermann for TON's list.