Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Is My House Bugged?

Last fall I vented my frustrations at an asshole co-worker by using his name in place of the word "poop" in my daily conversations. When that co-worker was seriously injured in an accident I realized the power I wielded.
I led the Redskins to 3 late season victories by employing this method to jinx the opposing quarterbacks.
For instance, "I have to go take an Eli Manning," "I changed a Tarvaris Jacksony diaper," "I'm taking Diesel out, I need a Tony Romo bag."
Needless to say I was very surprised when this rhetorical method was utilized in an episode of "How I Met Your Mother."
Ted demonstrated his hatred for New Jersey with the line "I gotta drop a massive New Jersey."
This is not the first time a joke I've used has appeared in this show. The first episode featured Stella using a similar version of my popular refrain ("I just lost my erection") when she said "I'm losing wood here."

So far this season of HIMYM has been a little disappointing, I really thought they were pursuing a cheesy, sappy angle in the first episode when Barney fell for Robin. That fear emerged again when Barney made a sad face after Robin announced she's going to Japan to be a foreign correspondent.

Barney makes a sad face when Robin says she's leaving

I'm really hoping they don't turn Barney into a gay pussy who pines for Robin. He's at his best when he's womanizing and making crude jokes like the line of the year so far, from Episode 2: "I love this burger so much, I want to sew my ass shut."

I love this burger so much, I want to sew my ass shut

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed at that HIMYM line as well.

So far I'm incredibly disappointed with this season. I feel like the writers are getting lazy.

They could have done so much more with the NJ episode. What a waste.

But the dog t-shirt thing was pretty funny.