Monday, October 13, 2008

Stuffing My Face

When Mrs. Poop was growing up in a small town in Northwestern Connecticut, the highlight of her year was always the Harwinton Fair. It has the requisite rides, games and animals, and of course food.
So when she suggested we all go this year, the first thing I did was look to see what kinds of food they'd have. When I saw fried oreos, I decided to go.
But Mrs. Poop said I had to eat lunch first before I could eat dessert. So I got New England clam chowder in a bread bowl. The soup was good, the bread was a little undercooked, and soft, needs to be more firm like Panera Bread.
Then we saw some animals (all of which Chase referred to as "dog") and then I passed a stand advertising the "Best Legs in Town." So I plunked down my money and wandered the fairgrounds munching on the most delicious turkey leg I've ever tasted.

i love this turkey leg so much I want to sew my ass shut
chowing down on my delicious turkey leg

Cameron and I enjoyed the lumberjack competition. It was narrated by a 500 lb. guy in an Hawaiian shirt. He referred to two guys who had never been in a competition before as virgins. 20 times.

Giving Cam a better view

And finally on the way out, I got my fried Oreos. And the sun came out. And the flowers bloomed. And the birds sang a happy tune. All was right in the world as I sunk my teeth into those delicious half-melted dough covered Oreos. But just like that -- they were gone.

Oh fried oreos, how I love you so


Final tally:
entry - $7
soup in a bread bowl - $7
turkey leg - $7
cherry limeade - $4
fried oreos - $5
Day at the fair with my family, enjoying the sunshine and some delicious food: $30

No comments: