Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Song of the Week

"You" - Lucy Pearl

Someone brought this group up to me the other day and we could never figure out why they didn't have a longer career together. Rapahel Saadiq (of Tony! Tone! Toni!) Dawn Robinson (of En Vogue) and Ali Shaheed Muhammad (of Tribe Called Quest) they were like a hip-hop supergroup. And on this song they get help from Snoop and Q-Tip.

"I wonder what was on God's mind the day that he made you
I know he wrote a new Commandment after he was through"

5 comments:

jleary said...

Not to get technical, but since you would correct everyone else, it is Tony! Toni! Toné!

ton said...

I was just about to say the same thing J. Also, I was always more of a fan of Dance Tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi2L9cB_NQ0

Paul said...

You are absolutely right about the spelling. I knew I had it wrong but meant to go back and check and forgot to do it.

Also TON, not sure if you saw this and this is why you said what you did, but one of my Facebook friends posted the "Dance Tonight" video and I said I preferred "You."

ton said...

Oh, I definitely didn't see the facebook thing. I really do like Dance Tonight

Bill said...

I like Dance Tonight better as well. They had great potential, but they didn't last because Dawn Robinson is nuts/a diva.