Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why I Was Late For Work

Last night right before bed Chase did his normal routine every time a train goes by. He runs to the couch, climbs on, looks out the window jumps up and down while saying "chooch! chooch!"
Then when the train leaves he says the sweetest little "bye."

Before that train got to the next station it hit 17-year old Glen Rock High School junior [corrected] Nicholas Bischoff.

An engineer saw Bischoff on the tracks, sounded the horn and tried to stop but was unable to.

Bischoff was walking home from work and it's not clear if he just pressed his luck too long, but I assume it was probably suicide.

This happened at 8:50 PM, and when I went to the station to catch my 9:42 train, I found out it was cancelled. The next train, 10:39, was delayed about half an hour (even though it was headed in the other direction). So this incident made me nearly 2 hours late for work.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was a junior, not a senior. You shouldn't assume that it was suicide when you really have no clue. And I am just so terribly sorry that you were 2 hours late.

Anonymous said...

You seem to be a very cold and callous person. God help you should such a tragedy ever happen to you. I hope people are kinder with their words than you were. Maybe you should have gotten fired!

Anonymous said...

Can't you find better things to do with your time than to write about other people's misfortune?

Accidents happen, that's why they are called just that.

I'm sure your boss was more understanding of the situation than you seem to be.

Maybe you should take some time and count your blessings instead of making comments on situations you know nothing about.

People like you infuriate me!

Anonymous said...

It must be nice to be you! So caring, sympathetic, empathetic. Get the sarcasm?????? Or are you even denser than I think??????

Have a great day! I hope no one inconveniences you!

Paul said...

This is my blog, I write it, and it's about me. That's why I write how things that happen affect me.

What's insensitive about saying someone got hit by a train and the delays made me two hours late for work?

Obviously me being late and him being dead are not even close in importance, but once again this is my blog, I write about me.

Anonymous said...

Stumbling upon this blog, I realize obviously it's all about you! But then again, it must be very lonely for you to only have you!

And remember, it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Anonymous said...

You should be ashamed of yourself. Oh how terrible tragic you were two hours late for work. Did you perhaps stop to think about the tragedy that all of Nick's family and friends have been faced to deal with? You should remove this blog despite whether "you have a right to write whatever you want". Have a heart (or try to find the one you have seemed to misplace) and sympathize with those who are grieving his loss.

Unknown said...

the fact how you can re-read your post about "you" and realize how insensitive you are......this kid died and you assumed it was suicide 1 without knowing it, then you just finish it with how his untimely death inconvenienced you and just left it there. You don't even know him and you named him by name so when people look him up they stumble upon your terrible journal post.