Monday, May 11, 2009

Stella is Not My Mother

In his never ending quest to ruin every TV show for me Isaacs texted me immediately after “How I Met Your Mother” to tell me my mother was revealed. But we all know that Stella is not my mother so Isaacs didn’t ruin anything for me. Ted running into Stella again will evidently lead him to meet my mother, sometime soon hopefully.

Isaacs seems to think the pending reveal is a bad omen for the show but I fully expect at least two more seasons, and if they ended after that, I’d be fine with it. I’d rather they ended it on a peak, instead of dragging out the main storyline with contrived twists worthy of “24.”

But HIMYM shows no signs of slowing down, in fact, this episode was one of my favorites ever.

First of all, the entire conversation about the vagaries of the universe sounded like everything I’ve been saying on this blog for years. And the subsequent explanations (the food poisoning at Schlegel’s bagels, the dollar a day deal with the bum) were hysterical.

Ted says "a butterfly flaps its wings and it starts to rain." I've written about that too.

And Marshall’s charts (a pie chart about bars and a bar chart about pies) absolutely killed me.




And the one about Cecilia was very similar to an old Poop post.



Thanks for reading guys and keep up the good work.

2 comments:

RZR said...

I also enjoyed this episode and wasn't fooled in the slightest by the Stella red herring.

I love funny uses of graphs. Have you ever seen graphjam.com?

Scott said...

Barney's ticket evasion this week was just as funny.

Apparently Cobie Smulders is also pregnant, so look for her to disappear for a bit like Alison Hannigan.