Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Anybody's Better Than Paula

I'm not exactly a huge fan of Ellen DeGeneres, but as the headline says, anybody's better than Paula.
Ellen will probably be similar to Paula in her unending cheerleading and positivity for the contestants, but I hope she will be different in several major ways:
1) Be able to say the word no. Even to the very worst auditions, the ones that weren't even serious, Paula couldn't formulate the word saying instead "I'm gonna have to pass.
2) Not be on drugs. Paula's antidepressants really screwed with her brain chemistry at times, turning her into a weeping mess.
3) Not take Simon's shit. I always hated when he would blow in Paula's ear or try to get her to use a random word like "maelstrom" in her comments.

I really don't care that Ellen has no musical background per se. Neither does Simon. And I don't think people really enjoyed or watched the show just to see Paula make a fool of herself.

I think Ellen will be a pretty good judge, and eventually force Kara out as well.

2 comments:

Damino said...

Good call. I also find Kara obnoxious and Ellen strikes me as being infinitely sharper/quicker than Paula, and probably alot better equipped to snap back at Simon.

Anonymous said...

Kara is the worst.