Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bracketology 101

I have long considered myself a student of Bracketology and now I can get the diploma to prove it.
ESPN's resident Bracketologist Joe Lunardi is actually teaching a course called Bracketology at his alma mater, St. Joseph's University.

Its an online course with three different start dates.

I don't believe it's officially accredited.

Students learn about the history of the NCAA tournament, the RPI and how to seed and bracket teams.

For the final exam you have to create your own bracket which is graded and signed by the great Joe Lunardi.

I would seriously be considering this if not for the time committment and the $249 price tag.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'm going to pay $249 to learn how to do what's already done for me every year? I'm not saying the selection committee does a perfect job, but i can wait for them to set the field. If there's a class to pick the field, now that would be cool. I could be a TA for that class.