Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day Review

I never listen to reviewers because they don't have the same tastes as I do and they aren't looking for the same things as I am.

That said, I still can't understand how anyone would have hated this movie.

There were no blue people in it which I guess is a bad thing.

The story was a little discombobulated because there were so many concurrent plots, but not so much that it was confusing or jarring.

It wasn't even that sappy. The only fair review I saw said it was too cynical about love, which it might have been despite the fact that every storyline ended with a kiss pretty much. And if you're going to hate a RomCom because it has a happy ending, then you should probably stay home. And take a bath. While making toast.

I would have added a little for eye candy for the fellas. There was McSteamy, Wolfboy and some other guy shirtless but Jessica Biel's giant ass was totally wasted.

Anne Hathaway was the sexiest female in the movie but she just doesn't do it for me.

Three reasons to go see Valentine's Day:
1) Shirley MacLaine's arms. I can't explain you just have to see on the big screen.
2) Taylor Swift's performance. Seriously she like totally stole the show. I wish five years ago I bought stock in Taylor Swift. Now she's 200 a share like Apple but I still see her becoming the biggest star of song and screen in the next 10 years.
3) The outtakes during the credits. Its a 2-hour movie but give it two more minutes, the last one is really subtly funny.

Since its only fair to judge movies against their peers and what they're trying to accomplish I give it 3 stars as a romantic comedy. It was entertaining, not boring, not annoying, not cheesy, not bad.

No comments: