Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Song of the Week

"Window Seat" - Erykah Badu
The most controversial song in America right now.



I'm totally against cheap gimmicks like this. I love Erykah Badu, and I even like the song but I don't want to hear about art, or sending a message, she did this just to get attention. She purposely didn't seek the proper permits to shoot a music video at the JFK assassination site, basically trying to get arrested.
Two major issues here: nudity in a public place and that public place being where President Kennedy was assassiniated.
First of all, no one should be naked in a public place, it's against the law. Although I don't think seeing a naked lady is going to do permanent damage to a young child I think it's totally inappropriate.
But damn she got a badunkadunk. And I love that she'll totally take off her bra and panties in a big crowd but won't remove her headwrap.
I really don't care about this being done at the Dealey Plaza. I can actually see that being a message, especially in the context of the video (her mock assassination and the words "they are quick to assassinate what they don't understand") but I can see why some people would consider it disrespectful, once again seeing it as a shameless attention grab.

3 comments:

ton said...

Hadn't seen this till just now. So it's confirmed that this was the real deal, and the people in the background were just normal folks who happened to be in the shot?

Paul said...

100% confirmed.

She was even charged with disorderly conduct for it. I guess they don't have an indecency statute.

jleary said...

Did the one guy in the background steal the stuff she threw on the ground?