Sunday, January 02, 2011

Weekly Picks

Final week of the regular season, I'm not where I want to be but you can still pick up ground in the playoffs. Week 17 is always tricky especially as precious few teams have something to play for. There will be at least one or two teams who are playing for something losing to teams who are eliminated. That's what makes this week so tricky, otherwise we could just pick all the alive teams versus all the Zombies.

SEATTLE +3 st. louis
We just seemed destined to have a 7-9 team in the playoffs.

DETROIT -3 minnesota
My rule about backup quarterbacks only extends one week. It remains to be seen how good this Joe Webb really is. And I think the Lions are the team that comes on strong at the end of a season, has good young players and gets talked about all offseason as a possible playoff team.

ny giants -3 1/2 WASHINGTON
I just don't see any way the Redskins can ruin the Giants season.

NEW ENGLAND -5 1/2 miami
I have a feeling Belichick doesn't want to give his team off two weeks in a row, not when they are playing as good as they are now.

BEST BET
jacksonville -3 HOUSTON

I believe Houston was favored the last time these two teams played and Jacksonville killed them. Everyone passes on Houston and I just don't see the Texans being motivated to be a spoiler as the Jags finally have a chance to end the Colts run atop the division.

Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season: 42-38 (46 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (10-6)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (15-14)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-0)
Road Favorites: 2-1 (16-15)
Road Underdogs: 0-0 (10-9)

No comments: