Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Getting Ugly

Senator Scott Brown was elected two years ago in a special election after the death of Ted Kennedy. He has to run for re-election next year and already the Democrats are lining up against him. Elizabeth Warren, who was the TARP cop for the Obama Administration pulled out the dagger first.
When asked how she paid for college, Warren said "I didn't pose naked."
Brown did, in Cosmopolitan when he was 22.

Scott Brown posed naked, thank God Elizabeth Warren didn't

When Brown was asked about Warren's comment that she didn't pose naked, he said "Thank God."



Now women's groups are calling him sexist. Even if his remark was a little bit petty and catty, I don't blame him, for two reasons. First of all, she started it. Second of all, she's ugly.

4 comments:

Damino said...

I mostly agree. I don't think Brown's comment was sexist, but I'm not crazy about politicians or public figures commenting about personal appearance on a man or woman. I didn't like Corzine's suggestions about Chris Christie's weight, nor am I a fan of people like Rush Limbaugh arguing against Hillary Clinton's candidacy because she's wrinkling.

Since I'm not a politician or public figure, I'd point out that Limbaugh is a fat and hideous drug addicted blowhard.

master bates said...

if she's going to attack something he did when he was 22 that has nothing to do with politics, then he has every right to make that comment. She is ugly and thank god she didnt pose naked.

ton said...

Yeah, she took the low ground first. They should just call it even, and move on.

Jems said...

Brown's comment wasn't sexist at all. He simply remarked that his opponent was ugly.