Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekly Picks

Got saved from disaster last week by the Jets. Salvaged three points and I am still on a pretty decent pace. I also think I learned a lot which I will apply to my picks this week.

NEW ORLEANS -14 1/2 indianapolis
I am worried about a spread this big but I love the Saints to win coming off that horrible loss to the ExpensiveCornPrices. A big win here would confirm what I believe about the league: always pick a good team coming off a bad loss or against a bad team coming off a good win. They should have the offensive fire power to bury Curtis Painter.

pittsburgh -3 1/2 ARIZONA
Good team versus bad team. Small spread because home field is overrated. Also the Steelers had a bad game last week against Jacksonville, no points in the second half. They should put up more points than that this week.

OAKLAND -3 1/2 kansas city
It doesn't matter who starts at quarterback. The Raiders are a good team, the Chiefs are a bad one and the spread is really small because of uncertainty. The Raiders are a team equipped to deal with a situation like this because they rely on their running game and defense. I'd rather see Palmer start because I think the whole "system" thing is incredibly overrated so coaches can prove their value. What matters is talent and the Raiders have more of it than the Chiefs.

houston +3 1/2 TENNESSEE
I think the Texans are a better team.

BEST BET
san diego chargers -1 NEW YORK JETS

I wonder if I have ever picked a team as my best bet one week, then picked against them as my best bet the very next week -- after they covered. Even in a big win, the Jets didn't seem very good. This is a big step up in competition and I expect them to lose.

Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season: 16-14 (18 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (4-2)
Home Favorites: 1-3 (7-5)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 0-0 (3-5)
Road Underdogs: 1-0 (6-4)

1 comment:

master bates said...

lucky cover by new Orleans