Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Legal Sea Food Ads

My favorite seafood joint, Legal Sea Food is out with a series of cheeky new ads. They start as faux-environmental ads with messages like "Save the Trout" but they end with "save the trout so we can grill that baby up real nice."
As an environmentalist, an animal lover, a food lover, someone who believes the natural order of the universe allows even requires animals to eat other animals, and an avowed smartass, I love the ad campaign.
But of course the PETA wackos are up in arms over it.




2 comments:

ton said...

I've never heard of Legal Sea Foods before, but I like em now. I love the ads, screw PETA.

Damino said...

I think the commercials are hilarious and I love Legal Seafoods.

As a huge animal lover and quasi-vegetarian I can tell you that PETA often does more harm than good. They're very extreme and off putting and draw attention to the wrong issues.

The ASPCA and Humane Society are where it's at. They promote animal adoption and preventing abuse, and lobby states to end cruel practices like factory farming and puppy mills. That's the real disgrace; not some tongue in cheek commercial about crabs.