Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Picks

Finally pieced together two good weeks in a row to get my total points on pace (need to average three per week to have a good season). I got kind of lucky because both New England and San Diego covered on late field goals. But it still counts and I hope to keep it going this week with a bunch of home favorites laying big lines.

NEW ENGLAND -6 1/2 dallas
I think I am pretty much going to pick New England every week. I think they are really great on offense and almost no team can keep up with them. I also like the half point I get if New England can win by a touchdown there's no push.

OAKLAND -7 cleveland
The Browns are really bad and it's being disguised because their early season schedule was weak. The Raiders are actually pretty good and their quarterback Jason Campbell (Bill confirms he is the same Jason Campbell who sucked for the Redskins) has been a great game manager, allowing the running game to dominate.

jacksonville -13 PITTSBURGH
I was looking for one underdog and this was the only one I liked. The Steelers got their big blowout last week. I don't think they're a great team that's gonna roll over everyone all the time. And I don't think the Jaguars are that bad.

DETROIT -4 1/2 san francisco
Last week's 48-3 win over the ExpensiveCornPrices was a total aberration. The 49ers are not that good. As long as Alex Smith is the QB, a team that can rush the passer like the Lions can, will pressure him and force turnovers.

BEST BET
NEW YORK JETS -7 1/2 miami

All this shit is swirling around the Jets this week, and I kind of like when that happens. The Dolphins are really bad and if the Jets don't turn it over (far from a given), they will win this game big.

Last week: 3-2 (4 point)
Season: 14-11 (15 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (3-2)
Home Favorites: 1-0 (6-2)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 1-1 (3-5)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (5-4)

No comments: