Thursday, November 17, 2005

Millions of Americans are Slaves to TV, but not Justin

Great article about the effects of DVR usage.
Networks and advertisers are obviously worried that people scan through commercials.
But people with DVR watch more hours of TV, because they can do it faster.
Nearly 8 percent of U.S. homes use a DVR, with that number expected to grow to 39 percent by 2010 (proof that in 5 years 61% of Americans will still be morons). DVR families still watch 90% of shows at regular broadcast time. That I don't quite believe, sounds a bit high. But if they mean watching a show, but starting it 10 or 15 minutes later, then I could maybe see it. And only 90% say they skip through commercials. What the hell are the other 10% sitting there watching commercials for?

1 comment:

Ton said...

That's right. I am free.

In actuality, the reason I don't think I should get DVR, is because I like too much stuff. If I could tape every show I wanted to see, but couldn't actually watch live...i'd be recording about 10 shows a day, at least. When I retire, and they have Turbo DVR, which can record 5 shows simultaneously, I'm sure i'll make use of it however.