Friday, January 27, 2006

Oprah Apologizes

You may remember that Oprah got scammed by Jame Frey, the author of "A Million Little Pieces." The book was a memoir of the author's experiences with drugs. Turns out he exaggerated a lot of it. Oprah stood by him. Now Oprah is changing her mind.
Oprah said she felt conned and embarrassed, and she wishes she hadn't called Larry King to defend Frey.
"I regret that phone call. I made a mistake. I left the impression that the truth does not matter, and I am deeply sorry about that. That is not what I believe. I called in because I loved the message of his book. At the time, every day, I was reading e-mail after e-mail from people who were inspired by his story. And I have to say I allowed that to cloud my judgment. To everyone who has challenged my position, you are absolutely right."

I challeneged her position. I said that when this first happened she should have thrown him under the bus. She should have said all of this then. That she was duped, but still believe the book has an interesting story to tell and point to make.

How dare you lie to me.  I am Oprah.  I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast

3 comments:

Ton said...

Frey is my buddy. Anyone who scams Oprah is good in my book. F*&k Oprah.

Anonymous said...

I still liked the book.

Anonymous said...

Eww, you east pieces of shit for breakfast? Gross.....