As you may have heard, there was a blizzard in the area this weekend. That made our activities all the more fun. We were able to get a train from my house to Madison Square Garden for the Syracuse-St. John's.
Here's a breakdown of events:
1) We wait at the train station with a bickering old Jewish couple. He wants to wait in the car to stay warm, she doesn't want to miss the train, she calls him an idiot. We get on the same train as these people on the way home and I purposely go sit behind them.
2) We go to a bar for the "Orange Friendzy" before the game. Since it was cold outside I decided to order the Peppermint Patty (hot chocolate, peppermint schnapps and whipped cream). Bill and Alison order beers, the waitress brings those, but not my drink. Then we see the SU group upstairs, we settle our check and go upstairs, we eat cheddar cheese squares and chips and lament the fact that we don't know anyone. Alison makes fun of the girls' ugly boots. On the way out I see someone I recognize, but can't remember her name. Bill recognizes her, they chat for a couple minutes. When we walk away Bill tells me that was Deena, the girl who deflowered Smist and had her balloon knot treated like a postage stamp by Pizza Parlor Derek.
3) The arena was empty, an usher told us we could sit anywhere, as long as we moved if the people who had those seats came. We moved into section 52 but the Asian usher, we'll call him Mao Tse-Dung, refused to let us in. He told us to get the supervisor, so we did. Then he said he didn't care what the supervisor said. We called her over again and Chairman Mao finally relented.
4) The game was pretty good, McNamara played well. An alien inhabited Darryl Watkins' body, and the alien played with confidence, intelligence and even caught a few passes. He also went up strong a couple times and even blocked a shot and started a fast break.
5) After the game we went back to Stout and I ordered the Peppermint Patty again. Again she brought beers for Bill and Alison, and this time, Rachel too, and didn't bring my drink. About 20 minutes later she finally came back and we decided not to order food, because she still didn't bring my drink.
6) On the way out we saw Michelle Kwan. Not the real Michelle Kwan, Bernie the Asian kid whom we called Michelle Kwan. We left him, but ran into him again in Penn Station. He's out of work now since ESPN Hollywood got canceled. He said Mario Lopez is not gay, on the contrary he gets a lot of ass. He knew the exact number of U.S. and World titles won by Michelle Kwan.
7) We got home safe, Bill and Alison made it back to Pennsylvania safely as well. A good weekend was had by all. Bill loves blizzards.