Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Idol Chatter

I'm not a big fan of Jesus but Mandisa really took it to church last night. I'm so glad the shackles are off my feet so I can dance.
Chris and Seacrest had to save face with their little "impromptu" chat about the fact that last week he did Live's version of "Walk the Line." I'm sure the media reports about him being less than truthful about his arrangement of the song had nothing to do with that. I really think Chris is going to have a rude awakening one of these weeks because a lot of people just can't get behind his music style. But last week Simon complimented him for refusing to compromise, this week he criticized him for going too far.
For a show featuring songs from the past 6 years the selections were odd. I'm shocked one of the dudes (Ace or Elliot) didn't choose that "You're Beautiful" song. A million 13 year old girls would have voted for him. Plus the guy who sings it is so horrible and so distinct that it wouldn't have been that hard to be different and better.
Bucky needs to learn to speak English. He may be dumber than Kellie Pickler.
I'm beginning to hate Taylor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's just call this the beginning of the end for Soul Patrol...

That Pickler has a nice ass..

Derek said...

Kelly Pickler will be in the Final 3, mark my words. Because two types of people are voting for her 1) People from the South and 2) Mothers who wish their daugthers were more innocent like Kelly Pickler.

I agree with Paul on Chris but not for the same reasons. Paul thinks no one likes rock music because he doesn't. I think people like rock music but those people don't watch American Idol. The song he did last night was a dumb choice. He should stay with mainstream rock songs. It wouldn't be a dumb idea for some band to just sign him as a lead singer and get him out of this, would do a lot for both of them.

Manchild will probably beat Katherine McPhee to win this contest and sell half as many records as Fantasia.

Mike said...

They all sucked last night.