Tuesday, March 28, 2006

It's Better to Be Lucky Than Good

Russell Pleasant is leading ESPN's Tournament Challenge, as one of four out of the more than 3 million entrants who correctly predicted all four Final Four teams.
Last year 4,172 people got all four teams; a much easier year as Illinois and North Carolina were locks.
The problem with Pleasant, he thought he was picking George Washington, instead of George Mason.
"One night I was watching some of the games, and I saw George Washington," Pleasant said last night in a telephone interview. "I said that team is good; I like them."
Same first name, different last name. Oh, well.
"Man, all those Georges." he said. "I knew they were all from D.C. I like Georgetown, too."
In November, Pleasant watched George Mason take on Creighton on television. Even though Creighton won, 72-52, Pleasant said he remembered thinking that George Mason was pretty good.
"I thought I had George Mason in the Sweet 16," he said.
That schmuck stands to win $10,000 from ESPN if Florida beats UCLA in the final.


Of course he picked Syracuse to lose in the first round

No comments: