Thursday, July 13, 2006

Crude Jokes About Menstruation

Idiot IRL driver Ed Carpenter (never heard of him? me neither) was asked about whether Danica Patrick could succeed in NASCAR. He said
"I think Danica's pretty aggressive in our cars. I mean, you know especially if you catch her at the right time of the month, she might be trading plenty of paint out there. But I think she'll hold her own."
He claims that he was trying to say Patrick is already competitive and competent.
Danica shrugged it off with her usual class. "That sounds like a good joke to me, it's pretty funny to me. No big deal. Ed is a really nice guy. There's no drama there. I think it's funny. I'm glad he's showing some personality."
Danica handled it the right way, no sense getting angry about stupid things said by stupid people. Carpenter has to learn that you don't make jokes like that when you are a public figure. And I love a menstruation joke as much as the next guy, but this one wasn't even particularly funny.

No comments: