Saturday, July 15, 2006

That's Poker!

So I just played my first online tournament (for fake money) on Full Tilt. 90 people, starting with 1,500 chips. I played so tight, I entered about 2 of the first 25 pots. First one was 9-5 from the big blind. Flopped two pair and got put all in and doubled up. Then I pushed everyone out with pocket jacks. I took a huge hit later betting pocket queens, when a king came on the turn.
So 28 people were left, my chip stack was 2,400, less than average but third at my table. I played a little suited connector, 7-6 diamonds. Flop is k-q-5 all diamonds. I bet 300, get called. Turn is another king, I bet 800, get called, but I'm actually hoping my opponent has another king. Until a 5 comes on the river, I bet 100, he puts me all in for my last 1,110, I call and he shows a third king.
That's poker.

No comments: