Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Stumped

I will not be a contestant on Stump the Schwab this season.
I tried out and got 22 of 30 on the written test, did well in the solo audition but they decided not to pick me.
Not sure if they had a lot of good first timers, or I wasn't good enough, but I will not be on the show this season.
One silver lining, they called me a few days later and asked if I could be part of a trial. They are working on a new Round 2 game and needed experienced contestants to come in and play it so they could see how it works best, how long it takes, etc.
They gave famous sports quotes and we had to name the source of the quote.
We played it twice.
The first time we had to wait for fake Stuart (who did an hilarious impersonation) to finish reading the quote before we could answer. On the first four questions we hit the bell at exactly the same time and FSS called on him all four times. I eventually caught up and took a lead, but I screwed up the last one, and he stole it, leading to a 3 point swing. He beat me 13-10
The second time we played you could ring in as soon as you knew the answer. I absolutely dominated this round. I had an 11-4 lead before coasting to a 14-10 lead.

Some quotes I remember:
"You cannot be serious."
"Why? Why? Why me?"
"You play to win the game. Hello!?"
"It's 5 to 4, and I don't believe what I just saw."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why i didn't audition. I only knew two of the quotes.

Anonymous said...

What was the 5 to 4 one?

Ton said...

I only know #3...Nancy Kerrigan, post knee-smash, right?