Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm a Douche III

My company has an intranet site that includes an employee directory. While looking up someone's number I noticed the entry had space for a "preferred name." For instance, if you are named Coach but would rather be called Mike, or you're given named is Joshua but since that sounds pretentious and gay you'd like to go by Josh, you'd fill out that line.
I thought it would be funny to put "Fred" as my preferred name, just to see how long, if ever, it would take for someone to notice. I thought it would be an automatic thing.
Immediately after I made the change, I got an automated e-mail saying my request was being processed. Two seconds later I got another automated e-mail saying the change was done. A couple minutes after that, a real person e-mailed me to ask if I'd like to change my e-mail and network preferences to Fred from Paul.
I said "Paul will be just fine for e-mail and network."

No comments: