Wednesday, August 30, 2006

As Seen on CNN

Embarrassing moment for CNN yesterday. Anchor Kyra Phillips was in the bathroom girl-talking during a President's speech. One problem. Her mike was still on. Her conversation can be heard intermingled with the President. We just hope her sister-in-law knows she's a control freak.



Here's a transcript of what was said:

Kyra Phillips: ""assholes.Yeah, I'm very lucky in that regard with my husband. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego.[unintelligible] you know what I'm saying. Just a really passionate, compassionate great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

[unidentified woman]: "We'll see. He's going to come, you know, he's set for an extended visit.[unintelligible]"

Phillips: "I mean, that's, that's how you figure it all out, those extended visits. [laughter]"

[unidentified woman]: "Yeah, but my mom, I think she really likes him."

Phillips: "Mom's got a good vibe? Good."

[unidentified woman]: "Yeah, my brother's the one that.[unintelligible]"

Phillips: "Brother-of course, brothers have to be, you know, protective. Except for mine. I've got to be protective of him."

[unidentified woman [unintelligible]

Phillips: "Yeah. He's married, three kids, but his wife is just a control freak."

[unidentified woman #2]: "Kyra."

Phillips: "Yeah, baby?"

[unidentified woman #2]: "Your mic is on. Turn it off. It's been on the air."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Lt. Frank Drebin from 'Naked Gun' taking a piss with the microphone on...

Scott said...

This really isn't Kyra's fault. The audio guy could have killed her mic at any time, and its totally inexcusable that she was allowed to go on that long over the President no less. Was everyone at CNN not watching their own product? Obviously, Kyra doesn't have too many friends over there, or else someone would have shut this down a lot sooner.

I don't know what you think Paul, but at my station, if you hang someone out to dry like that, its pretty much a given that you're getting a week of unpaid vacation.

Paul said...

It's one of those situations were at least 10 people including Kyra, should have done something to stop this. It's clear no one was listening to what was going out over air. I definitely think the audio guy should be fired. Just for accountability's sake. But I don't think someone realized it and let it go, just to embarrass her. But it's a good thing she didn't go into more details about why she loves her husband.

D said...

D'oh!

I remember when shit like that just got dubbed and added to the "highlight" reels for parties.

Paul said...

No more Christmas party, no more Christmas reel. Good thing we have youtube.