Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Pennies From Heaven

Early this morning I went to the soda machine to get a coke. I put my card in (cashless machines, sort of like college only my dad refuses to add any money to my card) and I start getting all these error messages. Error 11. Error 13. The last time this happened it erased $52 from my card and I had to find a supervisor to replace it, she did. So I took my card out, and pressed the button to see if I could at least get my soda. I did. All of a sudden the machine started going nuts. The window where it displayed the total on my card, $44.50, started counting down in intervals of 25 cents, and quarters started spewing forth. You know vending machines have very small coin return slots, so pretty soon quarters were rolling everywhere. I had to get a coffee to cup to hold them all. I felt like an old lady hitting the slots in Atlantic City. Turns out my card wasn't erased but I did have to carry around 50 pounds of quarters in my backpack.

2 comments:

D said...

That damned machine just made up for all the money its bretheren has (have?) stolen from people for years.
So, I guess you owe me about $3.75. Give or take a few cents.

Paul said...

Josh, I never got mugged in Thornden Park, ran up and down the Vegas strip or went to the store. Then again, neither did you.