Friday, October 20, 2006

Weekly Picks

Looking to rebound from my worst week ever. I went 1-3 and had the aura of invincibility surrounding the Bears shattered. For the season my record stands at 7-5 which is subpar but still a 58.3 winning percentage. Good but not good enough. On the bright side, the competition did worse, Adam and Harley are still tied for second, but only 2 points back of the leader.

HOUSTON TEXANS +9.5 jacksonville jaguars
The Texans are really bad even though they have some weapons and the Jags haven't really been great. But it seems like this season road teams have done well and I never buy into home/road crap anyway, so I'll take Jacksonville and hope they think they're playing the Jets again.

MIAMI DOLPHINS -4.5 green bay packers
I make this pick for only one reason. The Dolphins have yet to cover a spread this season. I don't see that lasting all season so I'll pick Miami.

DALLAS COWBOYS -3.5 new york giants
Like the Bonnie Situation in "Pulp Fiction" you need to appreciate just how delicate this T.O. Situation really is. Sure he's happy now that he caught 3 touchdown passes. But what happens if things aren't going well? Will he throw another fit on the sidelines and demand the ball? Also Bledsoe is inconsistent, which means bad week (against the Eagles), good week (against Houston), so he's due for a bad weak. And the Giants are pretty good.

No comments: