Thursday, October 12, 2006

Weekly Picks

Last week, I proved myself to Adam and Harley and to Freedo as well. I went 4-1 (6-2 overall) despite the fact that 4 of my games were decided by half a point. I got three of them right (though late scores by Cleveland and Green Bay made that possible) and I could have gone 5-0. Kansas City had the ball 1st and goal on the 4 with 2 minutes left but Dee Brown from Syracuse came in for an injured Larry Johnson and ran the ball into the line 3 times. Unfortunately Adam and Harley both picked Detroit and the Jets so a good week was spoiled. Here are this week's forecasts.

DALLAS COWBOYS -12.5 houston texans
I do like Houston's offense to put enough points on the board to keep this one close. And I think the spread is a little too big. But I think a lot of people are expecting the TO situation to fester and start to hurt Dallas. I don't think that happens, at least not this suddenly. I expect Bledsoe to bounce back so I'm taking the Cowboys, but very worried about a late Houston score.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS -6.5 kansas city chiefs
Injuries play a big part in this one. Looks like Larry Johnson will probably play and Damon Huard will definitely play. This is the week we find out if the Steelers are slumping or seriously flawed. I think the Steelers will win a close one, so for the third straight week I'm counting on LJ and the Chiefs.

DENVER BRONCOS -15.5 oakland raiders
Denver's defense looked awesome against the Ravens but I always think a performance on Monday Night gets overrated in the next week's spread. But they are playing the Raiders. I doubt the Raiders will score a point so that means I have to take the Broncos.

ARIZONA CARDINALS +10.5 chicago bears
I thought I told you last week not to pick against the Bears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your only as good as your last week :) I hate the stinkin Broncos. Nice pick with the Wolverines on Saturday.