Thursday, October 12, 2006

Five Hours Wasted

Left my house at 3:30 for the Met game, arrived at Shea a little before 5 and it was pouring. I parked under the overpass and sat for two hours before they canceled the game. Traffic around the stadium was worse than it is after games, so I didn't get home until 8:30. I will be at Game 2 on Friday instead.

The rainout screws the Mets because now the Cardinals can use Chris Carpenter in Games 2 and 6 instead of 3 and 7. Also Tom Glavine might not pitch 1 & 5 because the travel day was eliminated, meaning he'd need to pitch on only 3 days rest, an option the Mets may have to explore.

The only positive part of the evening was when a guy got out of his car to pee on the pillar one car from where I was parked. Because of all of a sudden a woman got out of the same car, walked over, checked the adjacent cars for people (obviously didn't see me), squatted in front of my car and relieved herself. I couldn't see anything, she crouched so low she disappeared. Then two pedestrians walked by on the left and the female pee-er hopped up, raised her drawers, zipped her pants and got back in her car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully another positive will be my ability to attend tomorrow night. Still iffy if I'll be able to get out of the office.