Friday, October 13, 2006

A Little Bit of Magic

The Concierge has been bragging all week about his magic at Mets games and calling me a mush.

Midway through the game I texted him to get his magic working or his streak would be over. At the instant I pressed send, Lo Duca singled to left. Before he could even reply, Beltran had blasted a homer to give the Mets the 2-0 win.

The few minutes after that saw about 6 text messages, so many that I couldn't respond.

The Concierge said "take that sucka."
Leary said "The Concierge almost knocked over the whole row after the HR."

A great moment!

Due to Wednesday's postponement I will be going to tonight's game with my dad, my father-in-law and The Concierge. Should be an interesting game especially if The Concierge takes the LIRR to the game.

The pressure is off and expectations are low due to the pitching matchup (Carpenter vs. Maine) but a win tonight would be huge.

Let's Go Mets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Concierge will be sitting in my seat, which comes with the automatic Kiss of Death. Let's hope his magic can overcome the Master's ticket karma.