Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yankees Statements

"I am deeply saddened by this tragic event and I ask everyone to keep Cory, his family and all those affected by this tragedy in your prayers."

Brian Cashman

Senior Vice President

and General Manager,

New York Yankees



"This is a terrible shock. I was with Ron Guidry and Lee Mazzilli when I heard the news and we were just stunned. Cory’s time with the Yankees was short, but he was a good teammate and a great competitor. My heart goes out to his family."

Joe Torre

Manager,

New York Yankees


"I am shocked by this devastating news. Spending the last few months as Cory’s teammate, I came to know him as a great man. While he was known as a baseball player, he was, more importantly, a husband and father and, at a time like this, I want to share my deepest sympathies with his wife Melanie, his son Christopher and all those who know and loved him."

Derek Jeter

Captain,

New York Yankees


Jason Giambi Statement:

“Right now, I am really in a state of shock, as I am sure the entire MLB family is. My thoughts are with Cory’s relatives and the loved ones of the others who were injured or killed in this plane crash. I have known Cory and his wife Melanie for over 18 years and watched his son grow up. We played high school ball together and have remained close throughout our careers. We were excited to be reunited in New York this year and I am just devastated to hear this news.”

Statement from George M. Steinbrenner
Re: Cory Lidle


“This is a terrible and shocking tragedy that has stunned the entire Yankees organization. I offer my deep condolences and prayers to his wife, Melanie, and son, Christopher, on their enormous loss.”

No comments: