Friday, December 01, 2006

R.I.P. Flip

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and noted dog lover Ben Roethlisberger (owner of Hercules and Zeus) will buy a new police dog for his hometown of Findlay, Ohio.
Findlay's previous K-9 officer was shot and killed, when he wandered into a neighbor's yard while offduty. I just don't understand how people say "oh my god a dog is on my property, I'll shoot it." When they catch this guy I hope they give him the death penalty, for shooting a police officer.

Flip, gone too soon

Beloved by many in Findlay, Flip was praised for his drug-sniffing abilities, once locating 40 pounds of cocaine in a hidden compartment in a vehicle.

Roethlisberger said, “My dad was trained as a veterinarian and instilled in me a love and respect for animals. This is a good way to combine that passion with a desire to support the police and fire departments.”

No comments: