Saturday, December 02, 2006

Worst Meal Ever

Mrs. Poop and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. The hostess said the wait would be 25-40 minutes so Mrs. Poop went shopping in the mall. So I'm texting and waiting, texting and waiting and I see this couple making out.
When they come up for air I noticed that this couple was DP and Shirael. I talked to them for a little while, heard about DP's illness, and Scat's weakness in Scattegories then my buzzer went off.
So we get our table and we're all the way in the back of the restaurant. So I order a bowl of soup, Mrs. Poop gets these buffalo chicken things, then I see that edemame (the beans we had at Nobu with Juice) is on the menu. So basically before the meal comes I'm already full.
Then a guy I recognize from SU sits at the next table. And his wife was in Mrs. Poop's sorority and she looks about 9 1/2 months pregnant. So we don't know what to do; dodge or say hello. So we dodge until then end of the meal when Mrs. Poop says hello. The pregnant lady pretends not to recognize her, but her husband recognizes me. We chat briefly, wish them well with their baby, and that was that. Sooooooooooooooooooo awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not surprising at all. I've eaten at the Cheesecake Factory a couple times on the advice of people who raved about it. Most overrated chain there is. Way too much food and it's not good.
Glad to see DP is up to his old tricks.

Paul said...

The food was the best part of the meal. The fact that people we never wanted to see again were seated right next to us; that was the bad part.