Thursday, November 30, 2006

Weekly Picks

I just can't get it together. I went 2-4 last week, dropping me season record to 23-28. I need to start a 33 game winning streak to get to .667. Not gonna happen, but even .500 would be a start. We start with these games:

CINCINNATI BENGALS -3.5 baltimore ravens
Another spread that looks a little too generous to me. But I've gotten burned on a lot of those this season. But I just don't think the Bengals have figured it out yet. I think the Ravens D is good enough to slow down Cincy's offense. Will the Ravens score enough points? I think so.

ST. LOUIS RAMS -6.5 arizona cardinals
Arizona has started playing better since Fitzgerald came back and they almost pulled it off against Minnesota. The Rams were on a 5 game losing streak before beating the 49ers, but not covering the spread. They'll cover this week.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -7.5 san francisco 49ers
For some reason I am starting to buy into San Francisco. New Orleans defense is not very good. They can score a lot of points but I think the 9ers can keep this one close, within a touchdown.

CLEVELAND BROWNS +3.5 kansas city chiefs
The Chiefs are inconsistent and bad on the road. But I think they are much better than Cleveland and I don't like to take an underdog unless I think they can win. So I'll grudgingly take the Chiefs.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -13.5 detroit lions
I know the spread is huge, but I can't justify choosing the Lions. They suck, so I'll take the Patriots, even though a post-Bears letdown is quite possible.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS -8.5 tampa bay buccaneers
I thought the Steelers were on to something until they got shut out by Baltimore. I thought the Bucs were a "hang-tough" team until they got pasted by the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Now I don't know what to do, so I'll just take the better team, in this case, the Steelers.

No comments: