Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Can't Happen Soon Enough

Syracuse University has named Mike Hopkins their next head coach. Problem is, there is no timeline on the departure of Jim Boeheim.
Basically, this is a move to prevent Hopkins from leaving. If he gets an offer from some small school, he'll probably stay knowing the top job will be his eventually.
Hopkins already does most of the coach's show on local cable (Boeheim does 5 minutes, Hopkins does the rest).
I'd like to see a change at the top because I think Boeheim has lost his edge in recruiting and I can't stand his stubborness and his whining.

2 comments:

Derek said...

It keeps the St. Bonaventures of the world away but if a big state school like Alabama or Colorado wants Hopkins, they'll throw enough money at him to make this agreement moot.

Anonymous said...

Hopkins isn't that attractive of an candidate, so I doubt other schools are interested in him. And despite reports, I don't think he was doing a lot of the recruiting. Everyone knew this would happen, I still don't know how I feel about it, but I guess it can't hurt to have a SU guy take over.