Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Idol Chatter

A very uninspiring night of performances.

I think Blake was the best, overall, and his Maroon 5 song was the best of them all. That's the kind of music he should make when he does a record. And he very slyly slipped in some beat boxing without making it sound like overkill. He also did a cool duet with Sir Mix-a-Lot during his day in Seattle.

His version of "Roxanne" really sucked though. The whole point of that song is to yell "Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanne." He was a little subdued on those notes.

I hated that gay Robin Thicke song but Blake can actually sing it better than he did.

Strange moment with Jordin, not sure if anyone else noticed this. When the mayor of Glendale told her she'd be singing that Rose Royce song, she seemed excited. Then she later said she'd never heard of it. I think she did it pretty well though. Her last song was haunting, the way she looked into the camera with her arm extended. Creepy.

I'm starting to hate Melinda. I looked at the TV during a commercial and thought I saw her, but it was actually Shrek.

She's a good singer who is just not American Idol material. They should have made her sing a JoJo song so she could have seemed a little younger. That last song "Woman" is so old-fashioned, it's just horrible. And it sounded like she fucked up the words at one point.

I think Melinda will go and I think Jordin will win next week.

bonus photo: Jessica Alba on American Idol last week

No comments: