Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Idea for the Sopranos

This season of the Sopranos is obviously setting us up for something great in the finale. And unlike the writers of "Lost" who are making shit up as they go along, I believe David Chase has had this planned for years.

My belief is that they are using every episode to create someone (Carm, Bacala, Paulie, Christophuh, Phil Leotardo, Heche) else who has a potential ax to grind against Tony, trying to convince they audience that one of them will kill him. I don't think that's going to happen. I believe the show will end with some of the ancillary characters getting killed off (starting with Christophuh) in an homage to Corleone taking care of business day. But the last scene will be Tony with his family.



Here's what I would have done:

I would have taken this same angle they've been exploring so far, showing all the reasons why everyone hates him. And in the very last episode I would have had an unidentified gunman kill Tony, and end the series on that mystery. It might have felt a little hollow, but it could have led to some great internet furor.

One side note on last Sunday's episode:
Most men said three things while watching it.
1) Damn that girl is hot.
2) Who is she? She is Sarah Shahi. SCZA has more, including commentary from Coach Neil, SCZA's dad.
3) Who fucks with their clothes on? Pizza Parlor Derek explained this to me in an e-mail: "Any actress asked to do a nude scene would say “you didn’t make Annabella Sciorra get naked” and then people are having sex with clothes on. Slippery slope."

8 comments:

Scott said...

The Worst Columnist Ever makes a good point. Sarah Shahi went topless on several occasions on the L Word. Why not here? Too classy?

Anonymous said...

what do you suppose tony meant when he said "i get it!" when he saw the flickering sunset at the end of the episode?.....anyone?

Anonymous said...

hey paul:

This homo thought she was fucking smoking HOT! But thats NOT me.

Avid Sopranos fan - after all from Long Island where Carlo Gambino donated stainless windows for St. Rose of Lima. Fucking Catholics.

As fucked up these characters are, I was hoping for Chrissy to go states witness. I thought he had a mic in the dashboard, initially. I was surprised what happened next mind you.

But of all which can happen next, I won't be satisfied until Carmela that dumb bitch finds out Tony had Adriania clipped by Silvio.

Paul said...

It's nice to see that a gay man can appreciate a very sexy woman and a powerful breed of dog. Carmela knows what happened to Ade she just doesn't want to admit it to herself.

Juice,
I have no idea what was meant by that. I can only assume that like 1000 other things that have happened in the show it will never be explained or ever brought up again. I won't speculate that it's some dumb shit like him understanding his place in the universe.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

paul..what frustrates me sometimes is that straight society doesn't see our two wings of our club. But more interestingly, even within my clubhouse, one side wear's wings and sequin dresses, and the other side are firmly in charge of their masculinity. Simply because I smoke cigars occasionally and have a rott I actually get sly stares by that other wing accusing me of being a wanna be straight man.

Josh said...

I just finally watched this episode (love DVR) and I don't think he said "I get it" at the end of the episode, I thought he said, "I did it!" Like finally admitting that he killed Christopher and getting it off his chest for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Hughes: that is exactly right. I think he said 'I did it' meaning he took some heroin for the first time and was somewhat intimated by its usage but was feeling so good that he was yelled out of elation. But Paul's right - there could be 10,000 different meanings one can apply to this fat psychopath. That is why the show is so good.