Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Virginia Tech Recruit Backs Out

Augustus Gilchrist signed a letter of intent to play basketball at Virginia Tech next season. After the shootings he decided that he doesn't want to go there anymore.
"I'm not mentally prepared to go there for this year. I think the campus needs time to heal. The campus needs time to mourn the first year. I don't know if I'm prepared to do that next year."
I don't think he could be legitimately scared that something like that will happen again.
I get the impression that Gilchrist thinks college is going to be one big party with drunk sluts. And now he's worried that this shooting will tighten the panties of Virginia Tech's loose women.
I don't think that's very honorable or very true. If promiscuous white girls stop sleeping with handsome black athletes then the crazed Asian kids (and the terrorists) win.
Everything will be back to normal on campus by the time Gilchrist arrives.
The university and the coach, Seth Greenberg, haven't decided yet on whether or not to release Gilchrist from his commitment, but I suspect they're hoping to wait him out and get him to come.

No comments: