Monday, November 19, 2007

How I Met Your Mother - "Slapsgiving" Running Diary

7:55 - Anticipation at the Poop House is at an all-time high. We've been following the Slap Countdown for weeks and now it's down to 29 minutes. I can hardly wait. But that means the slap isn't coming until the episode is almost over.

7:59 - Chase is eating, Diesel is sleeping, Mrs. Poop is reading a Bed Bath & Beyond catalog. Let's Go!

8:01 - I am definitely going to be on the lookout for people using the words "general," "kernel [or colonel]" and "major."

8:02 - I loved Robin's Canadian pronunication of "sorry."

8:03 - That's the funniest Borat ever was.

Barney as Borat

8:05 - Did Marshall and Lily move to DoWiseTrepla or not? They're always at Ted's house.

8:07 - Mrs. Poop is using the commercial to show me all the cool things in the BBB catalog. A globe that serves drinks, a man groomer.

8:12 - Barney just said "terrrrrrrrrrrible" the way I usually do.

8:12 - I don't think the Pyramids can be seen from space, but the Great Wall of China can.

8:13 - Ted just gave 3 reasons, all of which were the "only" reason he's jealous of Bob.

8:14 - Does this end with them having sex?

8:15 - Yes it does!

8:16 - The slap is fewer than 10 minutes away.


8:18 - "I hear something burning."

8:20 - Marshall's slap countdown doesn't match mine.

8:21 - There are still stuffed mushrooms on the floor.

8:22 - The gimmick of old people talking like teenagers is not funny at all.

8:24 - Nice speech Marshall, Lily is going to lift the slap ban.

8:25 - That's nice they still go to Uncle Marshall and Aunt Lily's for Thanksgiving.

8:26 - Well executed slap.



8:27 - Marshall sings like a young Neil Diamond. Update: Razor points out that the music video is available on youtube.

8:28 - I just reviewed the slap. Turns out Marshall is a lefty. Or a switch slapper.

8:30 - Happy Slapsgiving everyone!

8:31 - When the Slap Countdown ended the site took you directly to the How I Met Your Mother page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FDU Furious that the internet slap countdown timer was NOT aligned to the one on TV. I've been waiting months to see if they could actually pull off a properly synchronized slap - apparently not.

I actually watched the show live to witness this momentous occasion (I watch 99% of my TV on the DVR) - bastards!

Anonymous said...

There's an actual video for Marshall's song -- hysterical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpYeHTiEGY