Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Reissberg Reflects

So Reissberg finished the New York City Marathon. And unlike Katie Holmes, he was sweaty, and he was wearing a bra.
And the next day instead of dressing up and walking the red carpet in high heels, Reiss instead got a massage. Sounds like a question for "Which is Gayer?"

I offered Reissberg the floor to talk about his marathon experience and this is what he had to say:

"Just an unforgettable experience, having thousands of people cheer for you on the street. I tried acknowledging every single person with a wave or a fist pump or something -- the first half of the race. By the end I could barely muster the energy to lift an arm.
Nothing can prepare you, no matter how well you trained, for the pain of the last few miles. Basically, my leg muscles just broke, and then my abs started to feel strained for some reason. Somehow, though, looking back after a week or so, all I remember is the thrill of crossing the finish line, and not the pain. Amazing that I finished it, and helped sick kids in the process.

Pretty much recovered now except my right knee hurts when I try to run.

Would I do another one? I wouldn't rule it out, but not next year. The pain is too much to willingly endure again, and it's too much of a time commitment, which isn't fair to Mrs. Reissberg, and time is tight as it is. Nothing could ever duplicate the experience of my first time, but I'd consider doing it again if there was something new -- like a different city, or different people to run with. So if any of you Poopheads want to try to run a marathon some day, I'd gladly train with you."





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Jeremy. There's no way in hell I could do this for even a mile. It also makes me even more skeptical of Katie Holmes alleged participation in the race. No sweat? Wearing heels that night? When did she give birth to Suri? I find her athleticism to be remarkable/ unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

5-1/2 hours is slow enough, though, to be walking and talking on a cell phone.