Monday, June 02, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?

I can't find a good closeup still picture of James Thompson's busted up ear so this one will have to do. This picture (I also put it in the other post) was taken after Kimbo Slice busted the ear open, and you can see him landing a solid blow, this is probably the uppercut that led the ref to step in.

James Thompson's cauliflower ear


Here's the best youtube clip I could find of the third round, the audio sync is off but it's pretty good quality, when the ref has Thompson up against the cage you can see how nasty the ear was. Unfortunately CBS didn't have the best angle of the shot that split the ear open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, I must have mentioned to my sis that I was going to see the fights. She wound up watching, and being in total shock that stuff like this even existed. Then I'm talking to my mom, and she half jokeingly says something like "who raised you....to like this barbaric stuff".

Lets just say that if Elite XC and CBS had dreams of pulling in all different kinds of new fans.....moms and sisters aren't working out so well.