Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm 6-Foot-2

Taller people are happier on average than shorter people, with each extra inch in height giving as much satisfaction as a four percent increase in income, according to a U.S. study.

Data from a Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index study found taller people were more satisfied with their lives, more likely to report positive emotions like enjoyment and happiness, and less likely to report emotions like anger, sadness, and stress.

"On average, men who gave their lives the worst possible rating were more than three-quarters of an inch shorter than the average man," the researchers said.

The differences were found to be slightly less for women.

For some reason there are always studies like this that demonstrate taller people earn more money, seek more education and are just all-around better than short people.

Suckaz!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The insanity must stop! I'm 6'2", and I have a half inch on you at least.

Anonymous said...

6'2.0000000000000000000000001"


-TallScat

Josh said...

I'm only 5'9", but I have at least six inches on all of you. Bu-Dum-Dum. Ching.

Paul said...

TON, I don't stand up straight. You are 3/8 of an inch taller than me. You are 6-2 1/4 and I am 6-1 7/8.