Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekly Picks

A good week last week thanks to the Colts incredible comeback against the Vikings. But a little of that luck went back the other way when the Chargers didn't cover due to a bad call, and their own poor play. Every single home team is favored this week except for the Packers.

carolina +3 MINNESOTA
A 2-0 team is an underdog to an 0-2 team? I understand the reasoning behind this however especially because the Vikings may have addressesd their biggest weakness by benching Tarvaris Jackson in favor of Gus Frerotte. But the tendency is to keep believing in teams we thought were going to be good. And to keep discounting the teams we didn't think were going to be good. I try to go by a "believe what you see, not what you believe" mantra so we'll see how this one plays out.

cleveland +2 BALTIMORE
Even though the Browns are 0-2, they did play two very good teams, not enough to convince me that they're going to be bad this year. I had no hope for the Ravens this year and they've only played one game, so I'm not convinced I was wrong. Another of my theories says that you should always take points if you can get them with the better team.

ATLANTA -5 1/2 kansas city
It's possible the Chiefs will be the worst team in the NFL this season. And these current quarterback issues aren't helping. I also think they have one of the worst coaches in the NFL. None of that is a recipe for success on the road. The Falcons aren't that great either but they should win this one comfortably.

BUFFALO -9 oakland
I liked this game when I heard that matchup but I thought the spread was going to be smaller after the Raiders played great last week. I guess killing the Chiefs doesn't count for much. Buffalo so far is a surprise story of the NFL and with St. Louis and Arizona coming up the Bills could be 5-0.

BEST BET
SAN DIEGO -8 1/2 new york jets

The Chargers are pissed.

Last week: 3-2 (4 points - 7 total)
Home Favorites: 0-1 (0-2)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 1-0 (3-1)
Road Underdogs: 2-0 (2-1)
Road Pickems: 0-1 (0-1)

No comments: