Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad Place to Park

Houston wide receiver Patrick Edwards runs into a cart parked in the back of the end zone during a game at Marshall.



Edwards shattered his right leg and had immediate surgery to put a rod in his leg. Doctors say he might be able to come back and play next season. He's only a redshirt freshman so hopefully he has time to come back and prove himself to NFL teams.
“I never saw (the cart),” Edwards said. “All I saw was the ball. It (the pass) was coming down, and I was concentrating on that. I didn’t see (the cart) until I hit it. I could see my leg, but it really didn’t hurt. The thing is that as soon as it (the injury) happened, my leg just went numb. I couldn’t feel anything.”
I have a feeling Edwards has a pretty good case against Marshall for having unsafe playing conditions. Marshall's AD says the carts have been parked there for two years without incident, but will be moved now.

And if you haven't already lost your lunch, here's the injury in a still picture.

This picture captures the moment of impact when Houston receiver Patrick Edwards broke his leg running into a cart

2 comments:

Derek said...

Was that Beers yelling "Walk it off!" at the very end of that clip?

Paul said...

How did you even hear that? I watched this 10 times before I posted it and never noticed that.
I thought Beers was very sympathetic to other people's misfortunes.
Didn't Beers get very upset when Coach (R.I.P.) laughed after he slipped on ice?